Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hoppy Boy

The Beer Stats:

  • Beer Name: Hoppy Boy
  • Brewery: Twisted Pine Brewing (Colorado)
  • Style: American Pale Ale
  • ABV: 5.7%
  • IBU: 50
  • Pour Color: Dark golden color.




      A sweet malt and hoppy scent off the top. A nice golden color a little darker then most pales. The head was a good size and stuck around for a good few splashes into the follicles. The flavor of this one is much sweeter then most pales I've had. Almost a sweet orange flavor to it. Very ballenced for being a pale.
      It says balance is the key but this one is on the hoppy side. I disagree with that statement. This one was really sweet and seemed to hide the hoppy bitter I expected and wanted. I could see this being a gateway beer for someone but it's not a really hoppy beer. I even would say the malts were the star of this beer making for easy drinking. It just didn't strike me as a pale ale though. Good but not anything I'd go out of my way to find.  
Rating: **1/2

3 comments:

  1. Hey, dude. I work at the brewery and am wondering if you still have the bottle you tried. If so, I hope you won't mind letting me know the package date that's stamped on the shoulder of the bottle just above the label center. If this was fresh I think you'd have a different opinion of the hop character. If it's not, I'd love to know where you found it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 5/19/2015 and the place that sold it was AJ's in Henrietta NY.... bought it from a walk in cooler and brought it home before consuming.

      Delete
    2. I also have rhesus on tap in my keggerator from you guys and am loving it! got it awhile ago to!

      Delete