Monday, December 1, 2014

There and Back

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: There and Back
  • Brewery: Sierra Nevada and New Glarus
  • Style: English Style Bitter
  • ABV: 5.6%
  • IBU: 40
  • Pour Color: A very slightly hazed bronze color




      This one had a head that fought for just three sips. The color was a nice bonze that was fully see thru. A mellow scent of hops off the top. It almost has a pear scent. Tasting it you get a real range of flavors. Lemon and lime are mixed to make a nice bitter flavor. A slight sweetness of pears and a real mellow spice makes it easily palatable. The part that really gets me is the lingering on the pallet of those bitter parts. This really is a treat to taste and one of the best beers i've tasted from the pack.
      I have heard legend of New Glarus but never have had the pleasure. I'm really glad that Sierra decided to have a tour stop with New Glarus. An amazing beer that really makes me wonder what else is out there in ESBs. Honkers is the only bitter I've had consistently but after this one I may have a new style to explore more often. Really great beer!
Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment